Friday 11 February 2011

Bloomin Lovely

Today I have a 6x12 layout to share.


As it's fast approaching Valentines Day I thought I'd scrap a photo of the two of us. We don't really do Valentines Day but it's always a good opportunity to scrap a photo from the previous year. I know this one isn't from last year but I have another layout planned too. Last year I made a reverse canvas.
Scrapping the layout also gave me a chance to use my newly acquired bazill basics kraft and the paper is from the Glitz Love Nest collection. Something I've been doing alot lately is making my own backgrounds from inexpensive white cardstock and inking and stamping to suit whatever I'm making. Another homemade feature of the layout are the paper flowers. Since finding a brilliant tutorial from Gabrielle Pollacco I can't stop making them. The ones on my layout are made from book pages and white cardstock which have been inked with worn lipstick distress ink and spritzed with water mixed with a bit of LuminArte Sunburst mica powder. I don't know about Sunburst I look more like I have a 40 a day habit!

Once I started making them I experimented with different types of paper I think these are my favourites. This is how they start off, these ones are cut using the tattered floral die from some coloured notepaper. You don't have to use mica just plain water will do but you can just see the slight glimmer it gives.

This is what they look like layered up you could leave the centre more open and fix a gem or button but I quite like the fluffy look.

If you like the thought of making your own embellishments from your existing stash then visit the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog they have all kinds of tutorials posted today features page pebbles. I had every intention of joining in with their putting your own kit together this month but got too excited by making flowers.

Let me know if you make any flowers of your own I'd love to see them.

Happy Creating

8 comments:

ForgedinPaper said...

Fab LO and you used that paper! Great stuff.

Sian said...

Another counterfeit kit convert? It's very addictive - the sad thing is I don't even want to use my kit now I just want to make another one!

I'm loving that 6x12 layout - really nice photo on there

alexa said...

These flowers are lush :). I can see lots of uses for them, including present-wrapping. The shimmery effect is so soft and pretty. That's a lovely photo of the two of you at the top.

Sandra said...

I have a feeling I'm going to be making flowers very very soon LOL. And you know, you'll be to blame showing me all those lovely links :)

I've never done a 6 x 12 layout, yours is just lovely :) Have a fun weekend.

Caroline Hallett said...

those flowers are lush! I made some today with fabric - stapled a strip to a circle and then hot glue gunned them down... they look nice, but suffering from burn on finger from the glue! Thanks for your comment on my blog

Winnie said...

Gorgeous LO, especially those flowers!

Sarah H said...

I love it! And thanks for sharing another thing to do with tattered florals die! (Have you got to 100 yet?) x

Truly Lori said...

These flowers are BEAUTIFUL!

Here is the flowers I most recently made:)

http://frugalscrapper.blogspot.com/2011/02/frugal-scrappers-homemade-flowers.html

Thanks for the inspiration!