Sunday 29 January 2012

Another day, another bag

Hi. I've made yet another bag but I just couldn't resist.
It's from the latest copy of Mollie Makes from a pattern by Little Tea Wagon. I don't feel too guilty for making another bag as I used up some offcuts and didn't buy anything new.

In fact this is the second bag I've made from the vintage yellow fabric (yep old curtain) as I have a well loved swing bag made from it too.
This bag has some miles under it's belt as I've taken it on holiday every year since I made it.
Being fabric it makes the perfect beach bag as you can throw it in washing machine when you get home.
Anyway back to the new bag......

I added a few extra pockets on the inside as I can never find my keys so I have room for my phone, house keys and car keys. Even the lining was an offcut I picked it up for 45p.

I had a mini hexagon flower all ready to applique as well as the butterfly and I'd had the denim 'ruler' ribbon tape for ages but I was brave and snipped it. The lace trim had been taken from a linen tablecloth and I bought a whole length of it. I'd been wanting to use it for while but couldn't find the right project. The same went for the East of India label 'Sewing Mends the Soul' but I was happy to sacrifice it as the last finishing touch to the pocket.

If you fancy a go at making your own messenger bag run to the shop and pick up a copy of Mollie Makes or failing that Little Tea Wagon has some very nice ones in her Etsy Shop

8 comments:

Lou said...

Oh wow Amanda - your bag has blown me away......it is fantastic and i imagine very satisfying to know you didn't purchase anything new to make it.

ForgedinPaper said...

Love it. The fabrics are ace.

karolyn xx said...

well done you it looks great nlow its finished xx

scrappyjacky said...

It looks great.

Sian said...

I love all the pockets and I bet that first one feels softer and more lovely every time it's washed

alexa said...

Sewing mends the soul ... what a wonderful name for a blog, Amanda! You bag is glorious, and I love the additional pockets.

Sandra said...

Oh wow ... I adore these bags

Alana said...

Oh I just love this. I keep saying it but you are so clever when it comes to sewing. The colours are fab, just what I would choose.