Then an idea began to form of how I could put to good use some of my new found quilting techniques and make a fabric cover.
I pieced together some of my favourite scraps and included a tiny crocheted doily that I found along with some decorative scissors and buttons.
The rear view
Rather than using machine quilting I handstitched all the panels and added some ribbon and felt flower details.
Inside I attached a strip of card reinforced with some washi tape with holes punched where I could thread the book rings through. It was a bit tricky but I got there eventually. The cardboard 'album' simply slips into the pockets on either side.I'm going to use this album to record my sewing projects completed in 2012.
I realise now I should have shown you how the album started life but I did buy a new sheet at the same time so there could be an album number 2.