Saturday 21 January 2012

Somewhere over the rainbow.......

......lay a brilliant binding tutorial at Crazy Mom Quilts. This was the bit I'd been dreading but by using this tutorial it all became a little easier and no where as bad as I'd imagined.
I used this tutorial for a colourblock mug rug to help me create this mini rainbow and practice some binding and of course use more scraps.

News update on the progress of the baby quilt:
I've gone for free motion quilting, not sure I like it but it's too late now!

6 comments:

ForgedinPaper said...

I like it very much!! Love the white with the colour blocks.

Sandra said...

I so like the red binding around this, it looks lovely and fresh

Lou said...

love the splash of colour x

Alana said...

Yes, the red binding looks good. I got my cake, scarf and canvas done btw. Phew! Just in time.

Sian said...

I think it has turned out brilliantly

Nathalie said...

I really like your design and I really should try to make a mug rug too! I feel an itch to sew something coming on! ;)