A bit more experimentation...... I have to say that I have found die cutting grungepaper a bit tricky so for this flower using Tim Holtz as inspiration I hand cut the flower shapes. First I covered the grungepaper with a book page and then drew my flower shapes and cut out. I added a bit of ink around the edges and a metal flower and brad at the centre. I thought it would make a pretty brooch so I added a brooch fitting to the back and have been wearing ever since.
Sunday, 28 February 2010
February done too....
Yes, I'm feeling quite pleased I've managed to finish February too in the Calendar 365 Challenge. I won't go as to far to say that I'm that organised that I have my March pages all ready and waiting .......because I haven't. I'm sure I'll get there, I did last month. I think March will be a little crazy and I'm not sure if 1.5" squares are going to big enough to record it all but I'll try. I've also been enjoying a bit of experimenting using some tags. I covered one with a book page and inked using distress inks. I then cut out a butterfly image and added some wire antennae and some decorative red pearls. I painted some white gesso so I could stamp the butterfly quote from The Artistic Stamper. The second tag uses distress inks which have been spritzed with water. I die cut the button shapes from grungepaper and painted with acrylic before finishing with glossy accents.