Thursday 4 March 2010

Dishcloth Fashion

I was having a tidy up - yes, it does happen sometimes and I came across some vintage knitting patterns that I'd picked up really cheaply. This one always makes me smile though, a man's knitted health vest in luxury finish. I'm really not sure about the luxury bit as it's supposed to be knitted in the same cotton as dishcloths were also knitted from. The health bit is a bit dubious too - have you spotted he's puffing away on a cigarette? How times change eh! Feel free to copy this image if you'd like I have checked and it's copyright free.

Of course if you'd like to knit your loved his own luxury health vest let me know and I'll send you the pattern ;-)

5 comments:

Sandra said...

LOL. Don't you just love it when you find something like this :)

ForgedinPaper said...

Had a right snigger at the health vest. We got a pair of boxer shorts knitted the same way when we got married with a poem on them.

Sian said...

Oh, that's brilliant Amanda :). It really gave me a laugh..love the fact he has a cigarette but he is smiling because he has his health vest on. I'm nearly tempted to knit one of these..but I don't think I could keep my face straight when I handed it over!

Ifa said...

LOL, that is so funny. Look at those biceps and the cheesy smile and ooops, just noticed the fab.

Ifa said...

i mean fag!