Monday 29 March 2010

Birthdays Galore

This weekend was filled with birthdays, mine included. I have lots to show you so I won't waffle on..... At the end of last week a little package arrived in the post and as I thought there was a chance it could be birthday related I resisted the urge to open it. When I did it contained a gorgeous handmade card and needlecase from Sonja Visit her blog to see more of her card making. Although she says she is card newbie I think they are fab.


This is a birthday card I made for a friend using my new greetings farm stamps and promarkers.....not forgetting the cuttlebug........



Another birthday card and this time I made an envelope with a seal with the recipient's initial. You can't see on the photo but I gave her a see through plastic umbrella using glossy accents.


I made this picture hanger as part of her present as the birthday girl LOVES Johnny Depp. I thought the wool looked like his hair as the Mad Hatter.........



To try out all of my new stamps I thought I'd make some bookmarks. I do seem to have gone a little stamping mad and colouring in is very relaxing. It reminds me of when I was little and used to buy those colouring in pads with all the mad patterns. I can't remember what they were called..........



For my birthday I received some lovely handmade presents. This picture was painted by my godfather. It's a firework flower painted on papyrus.



......and I have some very generous friends and family you just know that boxes like these are going to contain some really lovely things.......



My Mum created for me a whole album of photo memories. Now, she makes lots of cards but doesn't normally scrapbook so I know how much time and effort she put into making this for me. My brother may just kill me for showing these photos but maybe he won't find out........My Mum also stitched a cross stitch picture which I forgot to take a photo of but it says " I may be creative but don't expect me to be tidy" Oh how well she knows me. Apart from the time it took to stitch I now know that it involved tracking down a copy of cross stitcher magazine all the way from the Hebrides.


..... and finally any celebration isn't complete without something to celebrate with (even if you're celebrating being 40). A Firkin of Seasider from a local brewers Gadds









5 comments:

ForgedinPaper said...

Wow your mum did fabulously with scrapping and tracking down the elusive pattern. Those boxes look yummm and I'm glad you had a good time and were spoiled rotten. You deserve it! P.S Love the Mad Hatter wool and the plastic brollie and even spookier I loved those pads as well!

Sian said...

What a lovely lot of presents and cards! You are very lucky to have a mum who understands the value of old photos and knew you would love an album she'd put together. And it sounds like the party was a great success :)

Michelle said...

Lvely work there Mrs love the mad hatter wall hanging! and what a fab present from your mum .... go mum with the scrapping! Sounds like you had a fab day lovely lady :)

Sandra said...

wow, you've been busy :) ... just love what your mum has created for you, what wonderful memories - bet you're still giggling at some of the photos LOL. Also wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY ..ok, maybe a bit late, but you can always have a birthday month :)

Sheila said...

Being the recipient of the Mad Hatter, it looks brilliant on the wall, made all the more special cos I know it was specially made, You know what I like! Had comments about the card too, nice to be able to say "it was made specially". Thanks again Amanda xx