Monday 1 February 2010

Shake your tailfeather

.....that's the song that kept going through my head as I was making this little felt birdie brooch and ok so he hasn't got a tailfeather more of a tailribbon but I did contemplate the feather. I think I could end up with a whole collection of these maybe I'll include that feather in one.


With Spring nearing, although it certainly didn't feel like it today I thought I'd use some spring like colours to make a birthday card. I stamped the flowers and chinese vase onto watercolour paper and coloured the flowers with yellow cosmic shimmer watercolour paint. I don't know if you can see very well in the photo but I then sewed a tiny black seed bead in the centre of the flowers. Yellow isn't normally a colour I use but I thought it looked good with the black card that I matted the stamped image on. The finishing touch, some tied yellow organza ribbon. I have another card to share later in the week.


I really must get my February page ready.....




4 comments:

Sandra Hall said...

I linked to your blog from Kate's to check out your January page - I love your doodling style. I also like your little felt bird - he's so cute!

ForgedinPaper said...

That bird is great . They would make a fab mobile hanging piece.

Sian said...

Gorgeous little bird Amanda; I bet a few of those would be great sellers:) I like the idea of turning them into a mobile too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.