....and turn it into a vintage inspired apron.
In the shop I mentioned in one of my recent posts I discovered some really lovely vintage aprons. They had a great shape to them almost tailored. I had a vague memory of a vintage pattern I'd bought that was for a full apron so I set about finding it and adapted it to make my own pattern.
After carefully working out how much I needed to use of the sheet for my in progress quilt, I so hope I have that right, I cut out the apron pieces. There are two sections which make up the front and two smaller sections at the sides which give an a-line shape.
You might notice the hexies that I stitched around the bottom edge. They are odd ones that I wouldn't have made into flowers at least that's what I'm telling myself! The pocket is made from a crocheted doily, at last I've been brave and used one. I collect these things and then can't bring myself to use them. Stupid really.
The finishing touch is a yo-yo topped with a covered button. (There goes that glasses case, I'm steadily getting through the yo-yos I stitched for that)
Apologies for the creased look in the photo but after going to all the trouble of making it I'm determined to wear it even thought it has received some strange looks and comments around the house.
There's no such thing as ...
4 days ago