Thursday 21 June 2012

Progress and Perseverance

Where has June gone? It seems to have passed in a rainy blur. I was hoping for a bit more sunshine to aid my recovery but hey ho this is Britain.

So in the blur that was June I have been perservering with the crochet and now I can make something other than a granny square and even had a go at following a pattern.
My first finished granny square cushion.....don't look too closely.

I then moved on to trying to crochet in the round. All did not go well to start with but I got there in the end. I wanted to make a round cushion cover but thought I'd start small until I got the hang of it so instead.....
....a pincushion
....and another.

I'm getting the hang of it a bit more now and things have started to make sense, at last. I can make flowers without having to refer back to a pattern and yesterday I bought the loveliest tin to store them in ready for another project.
But I won't be getting carried away I still have lots more to learn but it is quite addictive. Now if only I could do granny ripple......

I'm just in time to nominate my pincushion for my June Monthly Make



5 comments:

ForgedinPaper said...

I've seen some lovely granny ripples. It can be your next challenge. love the pincushion and I'm envious as I just can't get the hang of crochet lol.

Sian said...

Envious here too - still haven't cracked crochet. But your lovely flowers have made me even more determined to have another go!

Lou said...

Crocheted flowers are so lovely and can be used on lots of projects. Well done with your cushion.

Kandi said...

It's a beautiful pin cushion I love it! Would you mind if I borrow a photo from here to do a round up post on the monthly makes later this week? I will of course link back to you here. xx

Alana said...

Oh your such a clever stick....so envious. I had a go making a granny after your last post, could see an improvement, then gave up. I think I lack concentration at the moment. One day! Great cushion though:)