Wednesday 16 November 2011

The Holly and The .........

Hi. Today I thought I'd share some very simple and quick instructions to make some holly leaves. Now I know some of you are not thinking about Christmas just yet it's just that I am trying to get organised and have many projects in the making. To be honest you could use the instructions to make any sort of leaf you like.

So you will need.....
A leaf template to draw around (or you can go freestyle), some strong thin double sided tape, some glue, book pages or any type of paper you fancy using and some thin floristry wire.
For each leaf you will need to cut out two identical shapes. Secure a bit of tape down the centre of the leaf shape and fix your wire on top. Glue the second leaf on top with the wire sandwiched in the middle.

You can then ink them, add glitter, doodle around the edges or whatever takes your fancy. You could even make them out of felt or fabric. They would be great for Christmas journals or layouts, Christmas cards and 3D projects.

In my stash I found some small flat back red pearls perfect for berries and as they are wired you shape them however you want. So now I have some holly ready to go.

6 comments:

Sian said...

Ooh, yes, I'm thinking about Christmas. These are beautiful Amanda - I can think of all kinds of things I could use them for

Lou said...

Christmas has started for me too Amanda, your holly leaves are gorgeous and i was thinking that they would be perfect in a Christmas table decoration x

Alana said...

Very nice.....chic christmas decs.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Amanda ~ This is such a great idea. I just love the holly leaves cut from book pages!

alexa said...

These might look lovely on a present too ...

ForgedinPaper said...

Very cool tutorial. Love them.