Wednesday 8 September 2010

I can sing a rainbow

I made this card for the monthly challenge at The Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog. The theme for September is rainbows. I inked the edges of my textured card with  a touch of worn lipstick distress ink and stamped the lace onto some cardstock. I then cut it out before attaching it down one side of the card.

The rainbow background in the centre was created with some watercolour paper and neocolour pastels. The frame surrounding it was cut out using a circle and scalloped circle nestabilities die. I put a few drops of watermelon alcohol ink onto some acetate and stamped the butterfly sentiment with some black stazon. The acetate was attached to the frame and mounted on some foam pads for a bit of dimension. And lastly I stamped lots of butterflies and coloured them with promarkers in rainbow colours.

The butterfly sentiment is a favourite of mine and that along with the lace stamp are both available from The Artistic Stamper

The challenge is open until the 30th September if you fancy taking part.

5 comments:

ForgedinPaper said...

The colours on this card are fab. It's really nice. I lurveeeee the lace stamp :-)

alexa said...

Looks wonderful, and love the names of the inks you've used: lipstick, watermelon ...!

Winnie said...

Wow, that's gorgeous! I love the acetate and the butterflies are stunning!

Sian said...

Wow! You certainly have risen to the challenge. I love that deep shade of blue you've used.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Amanada, I love this .. it is gorgeous, and and thank you for joining in the challenge at ASCT
Jennie