Saturday 10 April 2010

Holiday Heaven

To those of you who are scrappers it will come as no surprise that while on holiday I snapped up this iron-on patch with a view to using it on a future layout. While out shopping in St. Johns I spied it in a shop window and thought it would make a brilliant ready made title. It's such a lovely blue too, a machine embroidered 'ANTIGUA'
....and here is the layout that I used it on. I started with the idea of making the layout really simple but I couldn't help myself adding bits here and there. I salute anyone who can scrap simple. I admire Alexa's scrapping style and if only she would start a blog I would be able to link to her to show you. However she has been contributing to 'Simple Things' over at It's a Creative World so you can go and take a look and be inspired by all the 'Simple' projects that have been going on.

For my layout I used cream cardstock and the paper is by Bo Bunny, Persuasion My Sweet from the Gift of Love line. I just love the colours. I was going to leave the space to the left of the photo blank but this where I couldn't help myself. First I added just the few lines of journaling, then I found the lobster block from Cosmo Cricket's Snorkel Elements and couldn't resist adding that too. I then remembered the Bliss ticket by Tim Holtz so on that went. Then I thought that the journaling should be backed by something but wasn't quite sure what - out came the corrugated card which I painted white. Lastly it just needed a little something so I punched some tiny blossoms.........and that was it.
So you see sort of simple or my version of it but isn't scrapping all about developing your own style whatever that might be?

My nearest and dearest have got used to me picking up odd things that I just know are going to come in handy for that creative moment. What crafty finds have you made?

3 comments:

ForgedinPaper said...

That's an ace LO and the find was just the thing. 4th best beach I'm only slightly green lol!

Gillian said...

A girl after my own heart - I try simple but can never resist adding bits and bobs! I love the design and colours of your LO and your title looks fab. And that lobster is great!
I agree with you that Alexa is the Queen of simple style - I love her work, but I think we do our best work when we use our own style, whatever that is ( but learning from such talented people as Alexa of course...)

Sian said...

Well said, Gillian! I love what Alexa does, but no matter how I try I can't help adding on a lot of bits. Fabulous sunny, holiday page Amanda.